Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sister Bonding

I was able to spend the day with my sister and nephew yesterday.  My sister lives in St. Cloud & has a 14 month old lil guy.  Her husband has long stretches of work where he is away from home, so when he is gone she likes to travel to "the cities" (we talk like St. Cloud is WAY up north or something, when really it is only 1.5 hours from Minneapolis).  When she comes here we always seem to end up at a store shopping for ourselves instead of taking our kids to some super fun kid place like we had intended.  Yep, we are those moms who are shopping in Heartbreaker with a 3 yr old & 1 yr old tootling around the store - and proud of it.  But really, sometimes you just need some girl time and if the only way you can get it is to tote the kiddies along, so be it.  So yesterday we went to Heartbreaker and here are some of the goodies we found:

I know it is 90° outside, but I can't resist a cute pink/brown polka dot scarf.  It will be scarf weather again before you know it.  By the way, I have yet to mention my scarf addiction....


This adorable turquoise, silver & cream bracelet was maked down to $2.99!  A steal!  I love it, it has just the right amount of sparkle.


We also wanted to get a picture of the two kids together as a gift for our parents.  This August our parents will be celebrating their 40 year wedding anniversary!  Quite an accomplishment!  So we had the idea to frame a nice picture of their grandkids for them (I really don't think they have one picture of the two kids together... crazy!)  So off to a scenic park we went with coordinated outfits on the two kids.  Easy right?  NOT so easy!  We were not prepared for the challenge ahead of us.  I don't know how professional photographers get such awesome pictures of kids.  I guess that is what seperates us from the professionals - that magic thing they do to get 3 year olds & 1 year olds to stay still enough to get a photo.  I will post the top contenders once the pictures are sent to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment